Lock Search Group is currently looking for dedicated and detailed Case Management Specialists to join one of British Columbia’s leading and long-standing benefit providers. Covering nearly 1.5 million people, our client is seeking an individual to communicate with claimants, assess claim information and liaise with other stakeholders while carrying out the case management process. We are looking for an experienced and educated insurance professional who possesses superior interpersonal skills and customer service abilities.
If you have a proven case management background and are experienced in communicating with a wide breadth of stakeholders, then this may be the opportunity you’ve been waiting for!
- Carry out a comprehensive disability claim management process to completion
- Proactively communicate with the claimant, clients, and all other involved parties
- Effectively interpret correspondence, policies and relevant statutes to make determinations
- Develop case management and “Return To Work” strategies for claimants
- Evaluate intervention options utilizing various criteria, including cost-benefit analysis
- Liaise and coordinate with claim stakeholders and other medical or legal professionals
- Regularly review cases and fulfill reporting and documentation requirements
- Act as the first level of appeal for declined claims and assess additional claim information
- Certificate or diploma in Health, Psychology, Kinesiology, Chiropractic Science, Nursing, Disability Management or Business, or equivalent combination of education and experience in the medical field
- Completed or pursuing a Disability Management certificate a definite asset
- Experience with group disability claims would be an asset
- Broad knowledge of Medical terminology
- Demonstrated decision making and critical thinking skills
- Demonstrated oral/written communication skills
- Demonstrated proficiency in basic Word and Excel
- Related experience in disability claims adjudication with demonstrated experience in claims assessment up to the point of intervention
If you are interested in this opportunity please submit your resume to Frank Joe using the “Apply” button.