Our client is a global manufacturer in the building products industry. They have asked Mark Tinkler of Lock Search Group to assist them in their search for a Production Manager for their facility in Scarborough, ON.
- Manage the day-to-day activities of extrusion and compound to ensure products are manufactured to a high level of productivity and quality, and according to budget.
- Recognize performance and quality issues and formulate corrective actions to rectify variances as they occur.
- Formulate operating reports to summarize production, downtime, scrap rates, change over times and variance performance by machine and by shift in the production area. Keep plant management informed of changes in workflow and relay status of activities.
- Evaluate the master schedule supplied by the Scheduler daily for planning the labor resources, machine utilization, and die change over activities.
- Uphold quality standards by complying with the Approved Compounds/Components List, Quality Control Manual, and ISO procedures.
- College or University education
- 5-10 years manufacturing and supervisory experience
- A proven track record in using a continuous improvement methods (Six Sigma, Lean, 5S) in a manufacturing environment with ISO 9001 certification and other regulatory considerations
- A basic working knowledge of the extrusion and blending processes
- Excellent leadership, initiative, organization, and management skills; written and verbal communication; problem solving; and troubleshooting skills
- Proven leadership experience in companies that have undergone dramatic growth and/or significant change
To apply, please submit a copy of your resume in confidence to Mark Tinkler via the “apply now” button.