Lock Search Group is actively sourcing an experienced Underwriting Manager to lead our client’s personal lines department based in Vancouver. As one of the leading Insurance companies in Canada, they are undergoing some enormous growth and change which will continue to secure them as a leader in the industry and an employer of choice in the Insurance field. Through internal advancement, we now have a great opportunity for an experienced Underwriting Manager to join a phenomenal organization with lots of opportunity for career growth and development.
Recognized as one of the top property and casualty insurers for Canadians, and consistently rated in the top of their class by the industry’s most trusted insurance rating agency, they offer a rewarding work environment and a strong benefits package for their employees. If you are looking for a leading organization that values both their employees and clients, this is the company for you.
- Provide guidance and mentorship to the underwriting team. Communicate performance expectations, facilitate training and foster a “best practices” culture.
- Oversee Underwriting policies, procedures and regulations while ensuring adherence to company standards.
- Responsible to lead a team of 5-6 experienced team leaders/supervisors
- Monitor and evaluate employee performance using management technologies
- Advise customers based on risk analysis and external data sources
- Coordinate details with stakeholders where appropriate.
- Determine policy renewal eligibility in consultation with company guidelines goals
- Build strong working relationships throughout the industry
- 5+ years of management experience for a comprehensive underwriting team that includes underwriters, team leads and supervisors
- Minimum of 7 years personal lines underwriting experience in property or casualty
- Completed post-secondary education or related business experience
- A Property and Casualty Industry Insurance Designation that is complete or actively in-progress
- Experienced in coaching and developing both team leads and individual underwriters
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills
- Diligent evaluation skills and thorough attention to detail
- Decisive and persuasive communicator who has a strong ability to lead and develop a top performing team
- Ability to independently manage workload and identify priorities in a dynamic and high-pressure environment
Interested? Please submit your resume to Frank Joe.