A well-established leader in building products distribution has asked Mark Tinkler of Lock Search Group to assist them in their search for a Yard Operations Foreman. Our client is looking for a candidate to provide strong, customer-centric leadership of their facility located in the western part of the GTA. This leader will have a dynamic, proactive, lead-by-example style.
- Supervision of day-to-day yard operations to meet safety, on-time delivery, quality, and cost requirements.
- Ensure operation of a safe, clean, and well-organized yard.
- Coordinate team members engaged in loading, unloading, storing, transferring and distributing materials such as lumber and building supplies.
- Strong communication and computer skills required.
- Responsible for inventory management.
- Responsible for fleet management / maintenance and yard / facility maintenance.
- Track record of successfully managing within a unionized environment.
- +7 years’ hands-on management experience directly within yard operations, in a dynamic environment.
- Solid self-starting performer with an engaged, customer-centric leadership style.
- Certified Joint Health & Safety Committee experience.
- Holds a current first aid certificate, valid lift truck operators license, and aerial boom/scissor lift working at heights certificate.
- Experience with collective bargaining agreements.
- Current lumber-grading certificate for specified materials grading, re-grading, inspecting and restoring inventory would be nice to have.
To apply, please submit a copy of your resume in confidence to Mark Tinkler via the “apply now” button.