Our client, a specialty pharmaceutical company on the west end of the GTA, have asked Bryan Forrest of Lock Search Group to assist them in their search for an experienced R&D leader.
- Provide leadership and subject matter expertise on the company’s pipelines of pharmaceutical products
- Project management for product development activities from discovery to commercialization: R&D, preclinical and clinical development, CMC, RA, and quality. Create project plans that include goals/milestones, activity timelines, cost/budget estimates, risk assessments
- Managed outsourced contractors involved with each project
- Create and maintain best practices for administering and monitoring the projects including developing and communicating department KPIs.
- Collaborate with regulatory / clinical staff and consultants to develop and implement candidate development plans
- Site monitoring, oversight, and quality assessment of GLP and GMP activities
- Provide updates to senior management team through monthly reports, also providing support to business development and stakeholder engagement activities
- Maintain current knowledge/insight on all aspects of product development
- Foster a positive departmental culture that encourages collaboration with internal and external stakeholders. Provide mentorship and succession planning for direct reports
- Support patent activity, periodic monitoring and government funding applications
- Ph.D. in a relevant discipline (Pharmaceutical Sciences, Chemistry, Biochemistry, Pharmacology) and 15+ yrs. of relevant industry experience
- 5+ years of FDA and sterile drug experience
- Track record of successful R&D advancing therapeutic candidates to commercialization by working with different functional teams
- Strong leadership and project management skills to manage multiple priorities / deadlines and motivate / mentor a talented group of scientists
- Ability to be highly effective in a cross-functional team environment
- Flexibility for some travel
If you are interested in this opportunity, please submit your resume to Bryan Forrest using the "Apply" button. Please note that while we thank all applicants, only those seriously considered will be contacted.
Connect with Bryan Forrest