Our client has been recognized for years as a national leader in both the asset-based transportation sector and logistics brokerage across industries including general commodities, specialized services for oil and gas along with logistical solutions for warehousing, sequencing, storage yards etc. Due to corporate growth and forecasted expansion the decision has been made to create a new position within the organization for a Vice President of Sales & Marketing.
The successful individual will be based out of the Calgary, Alberta head office where they will report to an Executive Vice President. In this position, you will be capable of stepping into a senior leadership role, responsible for working closely with a robust team of business developers, account managers and inside sales professionals. You will provide guidance to your team in the hunt for new business and existing client development through proactive sales leadership and marketing strategies. This role will play an integral part in working with the senior leadership team to build strategy, drive the corporate vision and lead the organization in their growth.
- Manage and coach a team of up to 12 individuals
- Set KPIs, sales targets, and deliverables
- Work with the leadership team to create tailored marketing programs and campaigns (Social Media, Tradeshows, Industry Publications and Networking etc.)
- Develop and maintain customer relationships with key executives in all customer accounts
- Maintain strong industry knowledge and keep up to date on trends, and effectively leverage and grow your professional network
- Develop and achieve sales budgets and incentive goals
- All other duties as required
- 7+ years of senior level sales leadership experience
- Experience with marketing programs and technology
- Previous experience in the transportation/logistics industry is an asset
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Amazing level of energy with a stand out from the crowd personality
- Ability to coach and motivate a sales team
- Strong problem solving/analytical abilities
- Proven understanding of KPIs, forecasting, service level management and sales management
- Ability to travel throughout Canada and into the US when necessary
- Bachelor’s degree in business or industry professional designation/certification is preferred
HOW TO APPLY:
If the opportunity to make a difference and work with a recognized industry leader is of interest to you, please reply in confidence.
To apply directly please email your resume to email@example.com and ensure your subject line reads exactly as follows: VP Sales & Marketing
Thank you to all applicants but only qualified candidates will be contacted.