Our client, a national leader in emergency management solutions, is looking for an experienced and ambitious Business Development Manager to join their Calgary team. The ideal candidate is a hunter with previous experience working in HSE / Emergency Response Management and familiarity with the oil and gas industry. In this role, you would be responsible for growing sales and developing key relationships with current and prospective partners.
- All activities in and around business development including cold calling, prospecting and negotiating contracts
- Represent the company and its core values in a professional manner
- Proactively assess, clarify, and validate customer needs on an ongoing basis
- Ensuring all sales targets are met every year
- Developing and carrying through a yearly sales plan
- Ensuring all customer payments are up-to-date, resolving all unpaid invoices
- Work strategically to review areas for potential growth based on data and gaps and develop action plans to address and grow business.
- Commitment to creating a safe work environment
- Take part in networking, business development and brand marketing activities and events
- 5+ years of sales experience
- Previous experience in HSE / Emergency Management
- Outstanding customer service, interpersonal and communication skills
- Self-motivated, disciplined and determined, with a positive attitude
- Proficiency in Microsoft programs such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent time-management, problem-solving, negotiation and presentation skills
- Ability to travel out of town as required
If you are interested in this opportunity, please submit your resume directly to Greg Fawcett at firstname.lastname@example.org or using the “Apply” button.
Thank you to all applicants but only qualified candidates will be contacted