Director, Global Supply Chain Management – Cannabis Industry
Our client is a highly successful Canadian organization in the pharmaceutical industry – specializing in medical cannabis. Due to company growth, they have asked Mark Tinkler of Lock Search Group to assist them in their search for a Director of Global Supply Chain Management.
Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, the Director Global Supply Chain Management, will be responsible for developing and executing the supply planning strategy for the global organization to ensure timely cultivation, procurement and manufacturing of a vast group of products to meet customer demand. The Director collaborates with Marketing to understand their needs, then translates this into a cultivation schedule across all nodes of our global footprint; works with Production to monitor anticipated yields; fills gaps with a sourcing schedule and then takes the data and presents it to Sales and Manufacturing. This information allows the organization to weigh customer demand and provides Manufacturing a plan that will allow them to fulfill the global sales.
- Provides leadership oversight for the supply planning function and have key accountability for integrating business planning insights, analytics, and decisions to create an effective plan that is aligned across the Global Supply Chain.
- Works with cross-functional stakeholders to assess planning issues, examine analytics, clarify business implications/impact, outline countermeasures, plan and monitor progress, and measure performance/results to improve customer service levels/fill rate.
- Provides leadership and coaching for Supply Planning team.
- Overall customer service and inventory for all finished goods and bulks in the network.
- Partners closely with Plant Leadership to align production schedules with supply planning.
- Compiles comprehensive planning metrics monthly and engages executive stakeholders to ensure successful planning performance.
- Continuously improves the planning function (process, cadence, tools/systems, organization, and culture) and introduces solutions.
- Degree in Supply Chain Management or equivalent combination of education and experience maybe considered.
- APICS Certification preferred.
- 10+ years of experience in a Supply Chain function.
- 5+ years of global experience in leading S&OP, Demand and/or Supply Planning operational activities to yield service level, inventory management, and efficiency improvements.
- Experience in a highly regulated industry involving production, preference will be given to PG, consumer health, or pharma industries.
- Superior ability to align a multitude of people/actions to coordinate many moving pieces and adapt to change as it is occurring.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to quickly and methodically identify and assess diverse problems and develop solutions.
- Strong statistical/quantitative modeling skills, business intelligence, and KPI/Analytics with an ability to effectively lead inductive and deductive reasoning with the data to draw key business planning conclusions.
- Relevant experience in using ERP systems functionality within a consumer goods manufacturing, distribution, and sales and marketing organization.
- Advanced experience creating and using quantitative Excel models to conduct and articulate cross-functional analytics.
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Up to 15% Travel Required.
To apply, please submit a copy of your resume in confidence to Mark Tinkler via the “apply now” button.