BRAND MANAGER – Consumer Goods Company in Southwestern Ontario
Our client, a very successful and fast-growing consumer packaged goods company in the Windsor, Ontario region, is looking for a sharp, driven and accomplished strategic brand marketer to join their growing team. This is truly a great opportunity with significant runway for advancement.
For a CPG marketer that currently lives within Southwestern Ontario, this is absolutely a golden opportunity within a region that really does not have many job opportunities of this caliber available. Concurrently, for a CPG marketer that possibly grew-up within, and/or has a desire to re-locate to, Southwestern Ontario, this opportunity would be equally desirable. There is a significant quality-of-life and cost-of-living advantage when compared to working within the GTA.
Our client has an incredibly compelling story to tell and is very well-positioned for future growth given their strong focus within on-trend categories and commitment to innovation. They currently are head-office based here in Canada, with expansive production facilities within the region, but sell within both the US and Canada. From a marketing perspective, our client is very unique in that they are very built-out with support departments in-house from both a creative and PR/Activation perspective with of course the strategic marketing group steering the ship. They are also unique – and desirable - as true innovators and leaders within their segment, with ambitious but very realistic goals and plans to take their business to the next level and beyond....and this role will be key in making that happen.
Culturally, our client is nimble, agile, entrepreneurial, collaborative, very much open-door, driven and ambitious with a humble approach and an open-door policy. They are truly unique in that they operate in a very positive sense like a start-up but have all of all of the support and resources that one would be used to within a more structured top-tiered CPG company…without being overly encumbered by process and protocol.
The successful candidate for this role will have to have some previous top-tiered consumer packaged goods strategic brand marketing experience. The individual will need to be polished, professional, a strong communicator, is able to be strategic and forward-thinking but able to get into the weeds and execute when necessary.
This position is responsible for the development and management of some of the company’s core brands, including strategic development and execution of the marketing plan and innovation pipeline to deliver short term and long term financial targets and corporate objectives.
• Create business/brand plans to deliver business objectives, strategies, key initiatives and performance measurements via comprehensive business review that leverages a range of insights including (but not limited to) primary and secondary consumer and customer data and insights, business and financial data, trends and competitive assessment, and any other relevant data.
• Assist in developing an innovation pipeline via developing and leveraging consumer insights, trend assessments, and business/brand objectives to identify growth opportunities for the brand. Ensure that new product initiatives are presented via stage-gate process and tracked through launch. Will also identify opportunities for evolution of processes.
• Develop consumer creative executions by developing and delivering creative briefs to agencies and suppliers to create advertising, packaging, new products, and promotions programs.
• Lead key brand initiatives by collaborating with cross-functional teams, including Sales, to develop new product launches, product/packaging restages, consumer communications/advertising, promotions and customer marketing initiatives
• Oversee budget tracking and reporting
• Undergraduate university degree in business required. MBA preferred but not mandatory
• Minimum of 2 years of consumer-focused marketing experience, classical CPG experience preferred
• Strategic and creative thinker who can identify and prioritize opportunities, building a business case with consumer and trend insight to support recommendations
• Entrepreneurial spirit with the demonstrated ability to envision and bring to life new ideas via nimble go-to-market approaches
• Demonstrated marketing success leveraging a wide range of consumer touchpoints
• Strong project management skills with the ability to navigate and work effectively within a rapidly changing and growing environment
• Self starter with strong influencing and relationship building skills
If you are interested in this opportunity please submit your resume to Mike Davis using the “Apply” button.
Thank you to all applicants but only qualified candidates will be contacted.