Our client is a leader in the medical cannabis space. They have asked Paul Melanson of Lock Search Group to assist them in their search for a Director of Process Engineering in Nova Scotia.
- Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, the Director of Process Engineering will have primary responsibility for the integrity and sustainability of cannabis production and processing capabilities within each operating division.
- Responsible for designing, implementing, controlling and optimizing industrial processes
- Ensure processes and equipment are used to turn raw materials into an end-product consistent with the regulatory specifications
- Create, set specifications, develop, implement and monitor equipment or processes as part of the manufacturing system.
- Research and design innovative processes and equipment to optimize those that are already in place
- Liaise with quality affairs, R&D, production staff, and leadership team
- Complete documentation to ensure compliance to internal and external regulations and protocols
- Oversight of processes and maintain optimization of the production line
- Conduct risk assessments of the equipment and processes being used
- Use of simulation software in the development of new processes.
- Inspire the growing team to achieve results that satisfy the quality, time and quantity targets
- Maintains the overall responsibility and accountability for reporting to the company’s Executive Management Team on a quarterly basis in accordance with organizational requirements and updating the organization on Operating requirements and performance.
- 10+ years of progressive experience in operations and production management, with experience in the perishable food, agri-business, pharmaceutical or beverage industry required. Cannabis product production and processing experience strongly preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal, problem-solving, project management skills
- Expert knowledge of Operating regulations and the regulatory environment in the context of Operating and risk management framework.
- Applied knowledge of Good Production Practices & Good Manufacturing Practices
- Experience in procurement, commissioning and qualification of manufacturing equipment and plant service equipment.
- Knowledge of and experience in LEAN Manufacturing and Key Process Indicators (KPI’s), preference being given to experience in agribusiness
- Strong knowledge and understanding of Provincial and Federal Occupational Health and Safety Regulations
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and make decisions or recommendations based on incomplete or conflicting information
- High degree of integrity and ability to maintain confidentiality and trust around sensitive Operating issues
- Demonstrated confidence in challenging mind-set, influencing business managers while developing/implementing innovative strategies and approaches to support the corporate goals.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please submit your resume to Paul Melanson using the "Apply" button. Please note that while we thank all applicants, only those seriously considered will be contacted.
Connect with Paul Melanson
902 491 4491