Our client is a leader in the medical cannabis space. They have asked Paul Melanson of Lock Search Group to assist them in their search for a Director of Manufacturing in Nova Scotia.
- Reporting to the Director of Operations, this role will provide strategic and operational leadership for the organizational Manufacturing requirements and is an integral part of the leadership team.
- Responsible for the manufacturing production, quality control and supply chain management for facilities in Eastern Canada
- Lead the successful scale-up and on-going manufacturing of quality products within GMP standards
- Develop and manage packaging and fulfillment standard operating procedures based on the applicable regulations, policies, objectives and program-specific needs
- Ensure the production organization accomplishes safety, quality control, schedule and cost performance
- Direct the production team on a daily basis to ensure execution of the company business plan while simultaneously implementing continuous improvement initiatives that will deliver long term benefits.
- Develop and execute strategies to achieve operational objectives for daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual production and quality metrics.
- Inspire the growing team to achieve results that satisfy the quality, time and quantity targets by sharing a strategic perspective, developing and recognizing your people, and “rolling up your sleeves” to get things done.
- Liaise with customers, suppliers, and executives with professionalism
- Bachelor’s degree in business or engineering preferred
- 3 – 5 years of progressive manufacturing leadership experience in operations management; pharmaceutical and/or GMP facility.
- Experience leading people and obtaining results through others, with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven track record of driving results in packaging, fulfillment and distribution environment
- Experience with high output, high precision packaging equipment
- Comprehensive knowledge of and ability to apply budgeting processes and financial management tools
- Technology systems competency, particularly in financial, inventory, production planning and tracking applications
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Demonstrated ability to lead programs/projects
- Previous Cannabis operations management experience in a licensed environment under Health Canada, an asset
- Ability to thrive in a high-performance entrepreneurial culture
If you are interested in this opportunity, please submit your resume to Paul Melanson using the "Apply" button. Please note that while we thank all applicants, only those seriously considered will be contacted.
Connect with Paul Melanson
902 491 4491