Our client is a leading distributor across Canada of interior building products used in residential, commercial and institutional construction. Due to growth in Western Canada they have asked Sean Baker of Lock Search Group to assist them with the recruit for a Warehouse Manager to oversee the operational activities of their branch in Calgary, AB.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone in a team lead or supervisory role that just hasn’t had the opportunity to take their career to the next level. In this position, you will be expected to be in the trench’s everyday working with a small team of people to operate a mid size warehouse. Working closely with the sales team and National Operations Manager you will be responsible to lead, coach and direct your team in the functions of receiving, storage, order fulfillment, order desk, returns management and shipping.
- Managing high value and wide variety inventory of goods
- Performing continuous improvement activities where possible to reduce order cycle times, increase productivity, reduce damage, grow walk in sales and improve overall efficiency of the warehouse.
- Facilitating the delivery of goods to customers
- Planning and managing through fluctuations in business based on seasonality and client projects
- Ensure industry safety and health standards are followed
We are looking for an experienced individual comfortable being on the floor, working alongside their team.
- Post-Secondary education or industry certification is an asset
- 5+ years of supervisory experience in a fast paced and dynamic warehouse environment
- Solid leadership and management skills of a team
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Above average time management and organization skills
- Understanding of working for a sales driven organization
- Ability to analyze and provide results
We are looking for someone with a track record of leadership. A distribution professional that really understands the importance of inventory control and accuracy and how to create process to ensure it.
If you have been responsible for adding value to your employer, driving out bottom line costs or increasing productivity, we want to know who you are.
To apply for this position, please submit your resume to Sean Baker at email@example.com and ensure the subject line of your email reads: Warehouse Manager – Building Products