Business Intelligence / Data Analyst
Our client is a well-established manufacturer in the industrial space. They have asked Mark Tinkler of Lock Search Group to assist them in their search for a Business Intelligence / Data Analyst for their Mississauga facility.
To strengthen their connection to the community, improve operations, and help foster innovation; our client is seeking a Business Intelligence / Data Analyst to play a key role in the creation and continual evolution of a business data system which will provide insights into all areas of their business. The person in this position will work in a variety of situations, at times working as a member of a team and other times working alone on an assignment.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information management, statistics or five or more years of technology related on-the-job experience.
- MBA from a recognized university, preferably from a program that includes a Big Data Analytics / Data Science component.
- Education / experience in Artificial Intelligence (AI) and its practical application in a manufacturing environment (planning, execution, and control) is preferred.
- Computer-related certifications in association to database administration and/or reporting.
- Knowledge of statistics and experience using statistical packages for analyzing large datasets (Excel, SPSS, SAS, etc.).
- Proven working experience as a data/reporting analyst.
- Entrepreneurial / Start-up mindset.
- Technical expertise regarding data models, database design development, data mining and segmentation techniques.
- Technical proficiency.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Experience in working in and organizing a Project Management Office (PMO).
- Ability to communicate with all levels of staff.
- Results driven and highly organized.
- Ability to manage multiple projects in multiple functional areas simultaneously.
- Flexibility and adaptability to adjust to changing project needs in evolving situations.
To apply, please submit a copy of your resume in confidence to Mark Tinkler via the “apply now” button.