Our client is one of the leading suppliers of premium, high-end building products and has been serving clients in the commercial, institutional and residential construction markets for generations. Priding themselves on their quality and extraordinary customer service they have grown to be a supplier of choice in their segment. They are currently looking for a highly motivated Regional Application Engineer to join their team in Vancouver, British Columbia to support their high-quality products across the western Provinces (BC, AB, SK, MB).
As the Regional Application Engineer, you will be responsible for supporting the sale, promotion, and application of products and solutions to the commercial, institutional and residential market space. Using your industry knowledge and education, you will provide on-site assistance to distributors, contractors, sales and customer service.
As the Regional Application Engineer, you will also be expected to:
- Visit job sites as required to review application integrity, general safety and conformance to manufacturer requirements and complies with applicable construction project guidelines
- Ensure compliance with product application specifications
- Maintain job site logs and records
- Write technical reports and documentation on product performance – this will include risk assessment and improvement reporting
- Provide hands-on training for internal staff and/or external customers
- Draft, modify and review technical drawings using CAD software and/or other programs
- Determine procedures and instructions to be followed, per design specifications
- Review drawings and specifications with Architects, Contractors, Engineers, and Consultants – settings can range from a Lunch & Learn environment, to a Board Room setting to an onsite construction surrounding.
- Demonstrate time sensitive project management skills
- University degree in Engineering or Building Science/Construction Management preferred, OR, 5+ years of related experience
- Minimum 3 years of work experience in engineering in commercial construction, Drafting, Architecture, Manufacturing or similar
- Results-driven, enthusiastic, high energy, and positive attitude
- Demonstrated communication, and listening skills
- Building and construction knowledge of materials, methods, and the tools involved
- Knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principals involved in the production of precision technical plans, blueprints, drawings, and models
- Knowledge of product and/or chemical composition, structure and properties of substances and of the chemical processes and transformations they undergo.
- Ability to travel up to 50% within the assigned region
If the opportunity to work with an industry-leading company, providing an attractive compensation package, performance incentives, and comprehensive benefits is of interest to you, please reply in confidence.
To apply directly please send your resume to Cameron Lappin by using the “Apply” button.
Thank you in advance for your interest, only individuals deemed to have the skill set and experience to fit the role will be contacted.