Global Director of Environmental, Health & Safety (EHS)
Our client is a leading global producer of medicinal cannabis. Due to company growth, they have asked Mark Tinkler of Lock Search Group to assist them in their search for a Global Director of Environmental, Health & Safety.
The Director will be accountable for ensuring business-wide safety/environmental systems and procedures are in place globally with consistent standards, compliant with Global legislative framework. He/she will lead the implementation of programs and processes that will create a culture of safety excellence to support the growing and manufacturing of medical and adult-use cannabis. This key leadership position will involve both strategic and operational elements that partner across development and commercial functions.
- Review government legislation in Canada, Europe and Australia to ensure the business is operating best processes and meet or exceed compliance with company standards and legislative requirements.
- Engage with General Managers, senior leaders and Global Quality to ensure they are aligned with the HSE strategy.
- Develop, communicate and drive the HSE Strategy which will deliver measurable cultural, behavioral and procedural improvements in HSE performance across all locations.
- Work collaboratively with Quality and Operation leadership teams to leverage consistent, cost effective health and safety management procedures and initiatives across all areas of the business.
- Liaise with the business line leaders to ensure expectations are understood and delivered, enabling suitable management of risk exposures.
- Deliver HSE management audits ensuring an up-to-date schedule for necessary and appropriate audits is maintained.
- Follow best industry practice established and create SOPs.
- Provides direction and oversight for safety related to new builds or significant renovation of company properties to ensure they meet legislative requirements.
- Lead the development and maintenance of HSE training strategy and measure HSE competence are achieved and maintained.
- Provides leadership and mentoring for direct reports located at greenhouses and manufacturing operations.
- Ensure director reports are applying consistent standards across all locations, including the leadership of OHS Joint Committees.
- Create reports detailing Health Safety and Environmental performance for analysis at the Executive and Board level.
- Ensure utilization and continuous improvement of the company’s global HSE management system.
- Chartered Member of the Institute of Occupational Safety and Health (CMIOSH) or successful completion of NEBOSH.
- 10 years’ experience leading HSE in a manufacturing operation with GMP.
- 3 years’ experience in a global capacity leading HSE and working with senior levels of management.
- Experience with analyzing data, complying reports and presenting to executive management.
Confident ability to solve complex problems and provide innovative solutions.
- Strong organizational and project management skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills and the ability to operate effectively in international regulatory environments.
- Ability to work independently, under pressure, demonstrating initiative and flexibility through effective innovative leadership ability.
- A respected leader, someone who takes the initiative and drives for results.
- Ability to mentor and coach
- Positive spirit of collaboration and the ability to impart that positive spirit within and outside of the organization
To apply, please submit a copy of your resume in confidence to Mark Tinkler via the “apply now” button.