LOCK SEARCH GROUP
POSITION: Management Training Program
LOCATION: Oshawa, ON
Lock Search Group is a leading permanent placement recruiting firm and our client is one of Canada’s leading national distributors of building products in the construction market (residential, commercial, and industrial). Their business is growing and they are looking for energetic and results driven individuals to join their Management Training Program to groom them for future leadership positions.
The Management Training Program will allow recent graduates or young professionals with 1-2 years’ work experience to discover and learn every aspect of the business in a setting that is focused on training new skills.
What you’ll get:
- Top-of-class sales development program with a focus on grooming for leadership roles
- Amazingly thorough training with a strong emphasis on mentorship
- Unlimited potential for internal growth
The first part of the program will be spent in a regional branch where you will learn exactly the business from the ground up - shipping and receiving, counter sales, and operations management. The second part of the program will hone your skills on the customer-focused side of things, where you will be learning inside and outside sales.
Throughout the program your on-the-job experience is supplemented with coaching by experienced mentors, customer visits, and a variety of training courses. Upon successful completion from the program you will be promoted (but not limited) to the Outside Account Manager or Profit Centre Manager position.
The Management Development Program is in essence a rotational program as follows:
- Warehouse Logistics
- Develop a thorough knowledge of all company products on the floor
- Learn the flow from product to vendor to customer
- Get to experience the support side of sales
- Work with inventory and order management
- Get a behind the scenes look at pricing controls, financial statements, and credit management
- Have direct customer interaction with counter sales – focusing on high level of customer services and sales
- Project Management/Inside Sales
- Start taking on larger customers (bigger projects, corporations)
- Account Management/Outside Sales
- Build strong and lasting customer relationships
- Hunt for new business opportunities and sell products
- Manage a customer through a contract
- University Degree
- The rotational program is for recent graduates or young professionals with 1-2 years work experience – only this profile will be considered.
- Enthusiastic, positive, people oriented personality
- Excellent customer service, interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Results oriented mindset
- Team player
- Work well with minimal supervision and take ownership and initiative
- Proficient with computers and the internet
- Valid Driver's license with clean abstract
- $37k – 40k base salary
- Significant Profit Sharing
- Pension Plan
HOW TO APPLY:
If you are interested in this opportunity, please submit your resume to Dana Lamanna using the “Apply” button.
Thank you to all applicants but only qualified candidates will be contacted.