LOCK SEARCH GROUP
Title: Vice President of Operations
Location: Woodbridge, ON
Lock Search Group is a leading permanent placement recruiting firm and we are currently recruiting for a Vice President of Operations for a leading Canadian Building Products manufacturer located in Woodbridge.
In this role, you would be responsible ensuring the smooth operation, growth, and profitability of national manufacturing and distribution facilities. They need a true leader who will spearhead optimization of processes and operation procedures to create a culture of excellence.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Act as a leader to all national operations facilities, and set the divisional goals and objectives
- Coach regional leaders on best practices to meet objectives and to develop strong and efficient strategies for growth
- Partner with the company leadership team on top-level business plans and implementation process to build a culture of excellence
- Create annual NPD plans and strategies by working with R&D and Product teams
- Develop current talent through training/coaching/development plans, and assist in the hiring process
- Create strategies for capital investments
- Determine areas for development and create projects to address areas for improvement or strategic ways to hit company objectives by collaborating with internal teams (Supply Chain, Engineering, R&D, Sales, Marketing, etc)
- Rework and optimize OH&S practices and ensure buy-in/adoption
- All other duties as required
Education and Experience:
- Post-secondary education, MBA preferring
- 10+ years of experience at a management level in operations/manufacturing
- Previous experience in the building products industry is preferred
- Ability to manage and coach leaders
- Ability to manage a $50 million operation
- Strong knowledge of manufacturing/operations/supply chain/SIOP practices
- Strong knowledge of LEAN principles
- Ability to work cross-functionally with sales/marketing/product teams to drive growth
- Analytical mindset with the drive to improve processes
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and manufacturing systems
- Travel up to 50%
How to Apply:
If you are interested in this opportunity please submit your resume to Paul Huffman using the “Apply” button.
Thank you to all applicants but only qualified candidates will be contacted.